We know that olive oil, which is among the top natural blessings, has many benefits for skin and hair. You can come across olive oil in many mask recipes that we have published on our site before. Olive oil soap is a very old natural soap used by the Ancient Greeks and Egyptians, although it is just beginning to become popular.
Olive oil soap, which stands out with its moisturizing and cleansing properties, contains 4 main antioxidants including vitamins A and E. In this way, it contributes to the renewal and increase of the natural protective oils produced by your skin. This is also the case for your scalp.
What is Olive Oil Soap?
Many natural soaps contain olive oil as a base ingredient due to its deep moisturizing and nourishing properties. Olive oil can also be used as a pure body oil, hair care or natural soap that can help soothe dry skin and smooth out wrinkles. Olive oil soap is considered one of the best treatments for dry skin because its moisturizing properties help soften skin texture, retain moisture and nourish it without interfering with natural skin functions.
This soap can be used as a natural body soap suitable for those with sensitive or dry skin, as it has a lower pH than most soaps that can be made from foaming agents, petroleum oil or animal fats that can dry and irritate the skin. It is also considered to be the mildest of all soaps.
Benefits of Olive Oil Soap to Hair
Note: The olive oil extract recipe was created based on the comments of those who use natural olive oil soap, not the chemical soaps found in it.
- It softens your hair and makes it easier to comb.
- It increases the shine of your hair
- Your hair takes shape easily
- Does not cause dandruff.
- It is nourishing and will grow your hair faster.
- Olive oil soap can be used as one of the natural soaps recommended by doctors.
- It has a feature of preventing hair loss.
- When used with apple cider vinegar, you can eliminate the hardness problem.
In addition to its benefits, we have seen in our research that there are those who complain about some aspects;
Complaints of those who use olive oil soap
- Those who use olive oil soap with laurel complain about their hard hair.
- There are those who say that their hair looks like spray or gel.
- There are those who claim that their hair remains greasy, like it has never been washed.
- Those who say that the hair gets used to soap after 3-4 washes.
- Combing problem after washing
Which Olive Oil Soap Should I Prefer
Your preference should be cold olive oil soap. Because this soap oil is obtained without boiling. Since olive oil will pass into soap as it is beneficial enzymes and vitamins, maximum benefit is provided. This method is best, as the glycerin in the oil will also stay in the soap.
Is olive oil soap good for the skin?
Olive oil soap provides anti-inflammatory effects to help heal skin abrasions, rashes and even sunburn. Olive oil soap is known to relieve skin ailments such as eczema and psoriasis.